SoWa Artists Guild Events:
First Friday Open Studios
The first Friday of every month, from 5 to 9 pm the artists of 450 Harrison Ave will open their studio doors to the public for an evening of culture and inspiration. 450 Harrison Ave. Boston, MA 02118. Meet the artists in their element and view their latest works. The SoWa Artists Guild strives to make art and artists accessible to everyone. Come and enjoy the fun. The event is free and parking is available.
First Friday Open Studios 2013
June 7th, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
July 5th, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
August 2nd, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
September 6th, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
October 4th, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
November 1st, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
December 6th, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
South End Open Studios
September 21 & 22, 2013, 11am-6pm
All artists at 450 Harrison Ave will be open to the public.
Many studios open Sundays in conjunction with the SoWa Sunday Open Markets
Upcoming Member Shows:
Guild artist Beverly Rippel is currently displaying her work in the following shows and galleries:
- Photography Now! This National Exhibition’s juror is Karin Rosenthal , an internationally recognized artist / photographer, and a Resident Scholar at Brandeis Women’s Studies Research Center. Beverly’s included image is a photo/ beeswax/ encaustic work on mahogany. Opening reception: Friday, April 12, 6-8 p.m, South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA. Show dates: April 12-May 26, 2013.
Guild artist Patricia Busso is currently displaying her work in the following shows and galleries:
- Touch Gallery Solo Show This exhibit will include encaustic/mixed media paintings evoking the natural world. Touch Gallery, 281 Concord Ave, Cambridge, MA. Opening Reception: Saturday, June 15th, from 5-9pm Show dates: June 11 – 25th. http://touchag.com
Guild artist Charyl Weissbach is currently displaying her work in the following galleries and exhibitions:
- “Crossing the Line” is an exhibition with multiple meanings. The artists were asked to think outside the box using their own vision of what crossing the line means. Art3Gallery is located at 44 West Brook Street Manchester, NH; Hours: M-F 9-4pm. April 22 – July 12, 2013
- “Arabesque”, a solo exhibition featuring Boston artist Charyl Weissbach will be on exhibit at Touch Art & Craft Gallery. The exhibit will run from May 26 through June 10, 2013. You can meet Charyl at the Opening Reception on Sunday, May 26, from 4-7pm. Charyl’s work will include encaustic mixed media paintings. www.touchag.com
- L’Attitude Gallery - Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery - Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery - Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683 See www.buchanangallery.com
Guild artist Debby Krim is currently displaying her work in the following shows and galleries:
- The Danforth Museum’s 2013 Off the Wall Show will feature Debby’s oil painting: “In the Bag”. Show dates, June 9-August 4
- Jule’s Place - 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118
- (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
Guild artist Stephen Silver is currently displaying his work in the following shows and galleries:
- L’Attitude Gallery – Newbury Street – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Calvin Charles Gallery, 4201 North Marshall Way , Scottsdale , AZ 85251 is one of the premier contemporary galleries located in the center of the Scottsdale arts district. The gallery represents internationally known artists from around the world and is featuring works by Stephen Silver. Through Calvin Charles, Silver’s work is also on display at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort and Spa. See www.calvincharles.com www.silverwoodsstudio.com
Guild artist Kim Radochia is currently displaying her work in the following shows and galleries:
- L’Attitude Gallery - 211 Newbury St., Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 or go towww.lattitudegallery.com for more information.
- The White Gallery - 342 Main Street, Lakeville, CT 06039, 860.435.1029 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and www.thewhitegalleryart.com for more information.
- Art3Gallery, 44 West Brook St., Manchester, NH, 03101, www.art3gallery.com/
Guild Artist Joanne Tarlin is currently exhibiting work in the following shows and galleries:
- Touch Gallery features works of fine art and handicrafts from local, regional, and international artists. They encourage an open flow of ideas amongst people and dialogue between art traditions. Open 10 am – 7 pm seven days a week. Touch Gallery is located at 281 Concord Avenue in Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138.
Lynda Michaud Cutrell
Guild Artist Lynda Michaud Cutrell is currently exhibiting work in the following shows and galleries:
- Intersection of Art and Science, a solo exhibition, is on view at Commonwealth Research on the 5th and 6th floors through May 2013. Commonwealth Research is located at 75 Fenwood Road, Boston MA 02115.